2020 Marion County Fair Health and Safety Guidelines Overview
Our staff and volunteers are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment where the whole family can enjoy the excitement of the Marion County Fair. To achieve that goal in the era of the COVID-19 virus we have instituted a number of additional safety measures for the 2020 Fair. These include:
- Hand sanitizer stations placed at every intersection along Main Street as well as both entrances to the petting zoo.
- Hand washing stations at every bank of port-o-lets.
- Daily health screening of all employees, volunteers and vendors.
- Increased cleaning guidelines for high touch areas.
- Minimizing or eliminating common touch items such as condiment dispensers, water fountains, etc.
- Encouraging social distancing guidelines in ques for entrance, food vendors and attractions.
- Additional staff training on the recognition of flu-like illness and the proper use of PPE.
- Visual screening of guests at the entry gates with additional screening for those who may look ill.
- Encouraging the use of a face covering while attending the fair.
- Constant re-evaluation of safety procedures and maintain vigilance for opportunities to improve.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone for the 90th Marion County Fair on July 11th through the 19th for a safe and fun-filled Fair experience.